Thursday, March 23, 2006

It's Off--It's On


It has been about three weeks since I had surgery. All is going well. I had my casts changed today so they could check on the pins that are sticking out of my thumb. I even brought a camera along so I could share the experience with you all. I know the photo quality isn't great, but you have to remember I was working with my left hand only. The two dark spots on my thumb are the wires holding the little piece of bone that broke off in place while it heals. You can also see where they made the incision when I had surgery. They put another cast on to protect the wires. I go back in two weeks to have it checked again. They may be taken out then or it may be another week. We will see.

For the most part I can do everything, however, it either takes longer or I look really funny while I am doing it. Typing goes pretty well and I have adapted to using the mouse with my left hand. What I miss the most is not being able to handle my camera (digital SLR). I can manage the other one put I definately am not getting shots I desire. The thing Joel is probably missing the most is me not being able to dishes (hee, hee, hee).

1 comment:

DangerousWomen said...

thanks for sharing your story - and the picture is a nice touch. sorry about your hand - hope you can get the camera back in hand soon.

i'm glad though for the reason to blog...